Time Scout | Central Reaffirms Its Position As The Number One Destination for Watch Enthusiasts | Bangkok, October 11, 2023 – Central Department Store, under Central Retail, is once again hosting ‘Central International Watch Fair 2023’ from September 19 to November 1, 2023 at every Central store nationwide. The event caters to watch enthusiasts, allowing them to express their individuality through timepieces. Additionally, the introduction of the new “Shop in Shop” watch section at CENTRAL @ centralwOrld reflects the global standard of watch brands, setting a new benchmark in the heart of Bangkok.
The “Central International Watch Fair 2023” continues to lead by presenting top-notch items from various renowned global brands for watch enthusiasts to own. Whether it’s:
- The latest model launch and first-time release in Thailand at Central.
- The Limited-Edition model, with a worldwide limited quantity and only available in a few units in Thailand.
- The exclusive models, which cannot be purchased elsewhere in Thailand, exclusively available at Central during this event.
Tapida Norpanlob, Fashion Category Director at Central Department Store, under Central Retail stated, “Central International Watch Fair 2023 has become one of the most anticipated premier watch events and one of the most anticipated ones. We strive to deliver an experience beyond compare, offering timepieces that are not only rare to find but also impossible to procure elsewhere, exclusively for our special customers. This year, we present a diverse array of special offerings. This is the first time we are hosting the event in all Central stores across Thailand. This is because we have watch enthusiasts who frequent our stores nationwide. To reaffirm our position as the top destination for watch devotees, Central is dedicated to being a haven for watch lovers, bringing together extraordinary items from various brands, models, and price ranges to complement every lifestyle. Whether one is seeking watches from the fashion category, smartwatches, or luxury timepieces, they can find them all in one place. We continue to move forward by consistently elevating the watch department to meet the preferences of customers from all groups and generations, living up to our status as the ultimate destination for watches.”
During this special period, Central Department Store has also introduced a new watch section at CENTRAL @ centralwOrld, elevating the experience of selecting watches in the heart of Bangkok. Through the Shop in Shop concept, it provides each brand with a clearer platform to express their identity. They also present a wide range of products covering customers of all groups and lifestyles at every price range. This ensures that customers will encounter the options they are seeking when they visit the watch section of Central Department Store.
“The watches category with highest growth is the Luxury Watch group, which saw a growth of 40% in 2023 compared to the previous year. This includes the Private Sale event organised by Central for our important customers (VVIC) and Wealth customers, which received very positive feedback and has shown consistent growth every year. This reflects the fact that Luxury Watches remain popular and in continuous demand. Therefore, we have prepared something special, exclusive to Thailand, for this event. There will be a dedicated space for the exhibition and sale of Exclusive watch models only at Central Chidlom. Once inside the event, customers will have the opportunity to choose and purchase any model from any brand.” summarised Tapida
Central International Watch Fair 2023 is packed with extraordinary offerings. Key customers of Central will have the chance to encounter exceptionally rare timepieces in a Private Sale format from global brands such as:
- PARMIGIANI FLEURIER and Central Department Store are proud to present a special experience, marking their collaboration once again after 3 years. Together, they are introducing the exclusive TONDA PF SPLIT-SECONDS CHRONOGRAPH ROSE GOLD GREY model, of which only 30 pieces are available worldwide. Notably, the 21st piece will be showcased at the event.
- CORUM presents the special edition BUBBLE 47X AIIROH featuring an open-worked dial inspired by the artwork of Aiiroh, a French artist. Only 88 pieces are available worldwide.
Customers interested in viewing watches from all three aforementioned brands can contact the Central Chidlom department store’s Personal Shopper (call 1425, then press 3). In addition to getting a glimpse of special edition watches, customers will also receive numerous exclusive privileges during the event.
Enthusiasts of luxury watches can also discover special edition timepieces exclusively available at Central, including:
- The Longines Master Collection from LONGINES
- The special edition Grand Seiko Sport Collection GMT Limited Edition model SBGJ275, celebrating its 25th anniversary. Only 2,000 pieces have been produced.
- True Square Thinline x Les CouleursTM Le Corbusier from RADO
- MIDO Commander 1959 Indigo Thailand Limited Edition, a new legend in a limited release of only 300 pieces in Thailand.
- LUMINOX unveils its latest model, the Pacific Diver 3120, with only 1,000 pieces available worldwide.
This includes Exclusive First Launch products that are introduced and available for the first time at Central Department Store, such as:
- TISSOT HERITAGE 1938 Collection narrates stories of the past in a contemporary format.
- The latest model of HAMILTON Khaki Field Expedition.
- In addition, fans of the brands ORIS, FREDERIQUE CONSTANT, and LUMINOX can also follow the Exclusive collection within the event.
G-SHOCK enthusiasts will be treated to a special edition, the G-SHOCK MR-G BF1000E FROGMAN LIMITED EDITION, designed to celebrate two significant milestones: the 40th anniversary of
G-SHOCK and the 30th anniversary of FROGMAN. Another noteworthy release is the G-SHOCK MUDMASTER CRACKED GWG-2000-1A3, designed to handle the toughest land environments, making full use of the latest external structure technology.
Apart from this, there is also the GARMIN FENIX 7 Pro series, packed with over 30 new updates in technology and features for all types of adventures, both indoors and outdoors. The GARMIN EPIX Pro series offers a rugged smartwatch with an AMOLED display and sleek design. The Garmin Venu 3 Series smartwatch is akin to your new health coach.
GUESS presents the Fall 2023 collection with the Phoenix model for modern men, featuring a diverse range of Polycarbonate case colours. For women, GUESS introduces the new Pretty in Punk collection, incorporating punk-inspired designs on the dials and watch straps. They are offering a special discount of up to 20% for those who purchase items from the new collection at the event only.
Don’t miss the best offers* of the year at the “Central International Watch Fair 2023”, including:
- Up to 30% off regular-priced items
- Up to 40% Rewards from The 1 and participating credit cards
- Up to 135,000 Baht On-Top Discount with conditional purchases
- The 1 Exclusive members will receive a free STARBUCKS BLACK SIREN 16 Oz. temperature-controlled water bottle (valued at 1,150 Baht) with a min. 50,000 Baht spent/receipt/day (limit: 30 redemptions)
- The Top 3 Customers will receive a free RIMOWA Essential Cabin in Matte Black (valued at 39,900 Baht) with a min. 1,500,000 Baht total spent.
Exclusively at Central Chidlom:
- Receive a free TAM-KAAN dining voucher (worth 10,400 Baht, total 8 prizes), or a 4-seat movie ticket voucher (worth 8,000 Baht, total 4 prizes) with a min. 600,000 Baht total spent. This offer is valid only from Monday to Thursday throughout the promotion period (Limit: 2 prizes per week).
- Receive a free B&O Portable Speaker Beolit 20 GREY MIST with a min 800,000 Baht total spent. This offer is valid only from Friday to Sunday throughout the promotion period (Limit: 1 prize per week).
Experience extraordinary events and special activities exclusively for watch enthusiasts at every Central store nationwide, including Central App, www.central.co.th, Central Chat & Shop via Line Official @centralofficial, and Central Personal Shopper tel. 1425.